Saturday, December 31, 2011

Time For Resolutions


At the end of every year many people world wide like to think up a resolution to accomplish by the end of the next year. I am one of those people, though for the life of me I can’t think of what my resolution was last year – guess that’s a sure sign I didn’t stick with it, LOL! This year though, I must admit I’ve been doing a lot of contemplation over what would be the best goal to make for myself to accomplish by the end of 2012. I’ve probably put a lot more serious thought into this year’s resolution then I have in previous years. Maybe that’s a good sign for me that I’ll actually stick with it this time around. I’m taking some things with myself more seriously though and I think this coming year should be about working on two main areas in my life, my work and my health. My work in regards to laying more ground work on what I hope to accomplish long term as a writer. I want to get myself to write a lot more frequently in this blog of mine, as well as work harder on getting my first novel done. I want to further educate myself on being a better writer – and challenge myself to do so as well. That may seem like a small goal to make to some, but really in the broader sense of it – I have a lot of work ahead of me. Work that will be hard in ways, but I am confident enough that I will accomplish what I am setting out to do. 

Moving onto my health resolution, another one that will be hard in ways, but worth it in the end. I’m not delusional in thinking I’ll be perfectly healthy and in tip-top shape by the end of the year. I will however bust my butt off (maybe a bit literally) to get as close to it as I can. I’ll be the first to admit I’ve neglected my health for most of my life. I’ve had spurts over the years where I’ve worked hard to get some weight off. Now while I am not at my heaviest, as I’ve mentioned in this blog before, I am overweight and I haven’t been good at sticking to diet and workout plans in the past. I think when I was younger it was more so for vein reasons of not wanting to be the “fat girl” anymore. As I’ve gotten older and well, to be perfectly honest in more recent months it’s about my want to just be healthy. I want to get myself into better shape and health over all. So I may hopefully avoid some things that run in the family gene pool, such as diabetes and heart disease to name a couple. I know it won’t be some easy ride along for either of my resolutions. I know I’m going to have to put a lot of work and dedication forward if I wish to accomplish these goals for myself. My work and my health are going to have to become priorities in my life – especially my health. I’m going to set myself realistic goals along the way, just small reaches to grasp before is set the next to get a little further ahead in both areas.

So there it is, my two resolutions to accomplish by the end of 2012 is to get further ahead in my work and to get myself on a much better track in my health. What are your resolutions for this coming year? Did you accomplish what you had set out to do in 2011?

--XOXO, Jane

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane,

    Like you, I probably made resolutions last year. Like you, I can't remember what they were, either! LOL! Mine are similar to yours for the new year. Health, more so than weight loss, and financial stability/security/wisdom.

    Have a Happy nNew Year!

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete