Saturday, June 30, 2012

Better To Be Thankful Verses Miserable!


Oh my wow! I logged into my e-mail today (after just a couple days) and found I had over thirty e-mails to look at. Now granted, I probably usually get that in a couple times a day, but I usually check my e-mail numerous times throughout the day. I swear this sprained ankle has thrown me into a bit of an odd funk. This is not the depression sort that I had admitted to in a previous post. This is more of a personal frustration that I’m limited on my mobility at the moment. I think my big block when it comes to logging onto the blog, writing up a post and sharing my thoughts is that with my frustration comes the want to vent over it – and I just don’t want to make a blog post entirely about my ranting and raving, because I’m an overgrown baby with an air-splint on. LOL!

So instead of doing that, I’m going to share how thankful I am. I’m thankful, that the sprain is not as bad as the last time I had a sprained ankle. Last time it was over two years ago now and it was my right ankle. I had fallen down some steps and ended up on crutches for weeks! So yes, I am very thankful that my left ankle’s sprain is not as bad as the last time I had a sprain. I’m thankful that I can hobble around, even if I am supposed to (and for the most part do) keep it elevated. I’m thankful that the friends I have seen and gone out with are patient that I can’t move as fast as I normally can. I’m thankful to my mommy for sending me a “boo-boo box” filled with goodies! I’m thankful to my dad for reminding me not to push myself. I’m still thankful to my brother Tim for having brought me to the Urgent Care last Saturday, when I found out it was a sprain. I am thankful for the many blessings I have in my life that have absolutely nothing to do with my dang ankle!

Now I must say, going on about things I am thankful for is much better then ranting about the misery attached to having a sprain. At least now I can smile and know there is much to be thankful for. I also realize I really need to step up my blogging game better again and really get posting on here more often!

--XOXO, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment