Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday America!


It’s been 236 years now since the United States officially declared independence! Now I know I’ve said this before…and I assure you this won’t be the last time, but I am definitely not only proud, but humbled to say that I am an American. Words just don’t do it justice with how blessed I truly feel for the rights and freedoms I have in this country. For the men and women who have fought, and who presently fight for this amazing country. Each and every single one of them holds a special place in my heart.

Now for me this year, my celebrating plans have been limited. I didn’t make it to the parade earlier due to this massive heat wave (not trying to end up in the hospital) and my still sprained ankle. I am however planning on hobbling out to the front yard tonight though for at least a little while to see if I can spot any fireworks. Last year I was able to see some big ones from a display not too terribly far from the house. Granted, there was a bit of tree interference with my view, but I may again attempt to watch this year.

Okay, now to ask a favor to anyone who is playing outdoors in this massive heat wave, please drink plenty of water! Keep yourself hydrated. Heat strokes are no fun – let me assure you of that! Also if you’re setting off fireworks in your driveways or even out on the street, please keep a running hose to really make sure all fireworks get put out. This dry heat has me feeling a bit paranoid this year, with all the fires already featured on the news that are suspect of being or outright known to have been caused by fireworks.

Other than that, I do want to wish all my fellow Americans a wonderful and Happy 4th of July! I hope you all have been enjoying the day celebrating our great country and continue to enjoy it!

--XOXO, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment