Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Oh Television...

I cannot be the only one who gets into a show post production. I don’t mean shows from before my time that I’ve grown up watching reruns of like I Love Lucy. Although granted, that is indeed my absolute favorite show – that is not my point. So staying on topic here, I’m talking about shows that were perhaps made just a few years ago or so like Sex and The City. When that show was in a current run on HBO I could have cared less. I never watched an episode, but I was so over it just from the hype the show received. Everywhere I went I found shirts that said “I’m A Carrie” or other various forms of merchandise that related to it. I didn’t get it. So during its original run on television I ignored it. it wasn’t until after Sex and the City was being shown on other networks all cutup and edited that I actually took the time to watch an episode…then another and another. I got so into the show that I now own all six seasons and both movies on DVD. I even got Candace Bunshell’s book the series was based off from.

These days I find myself, yet again getting into a series that is no longer in production. Enter, The L Word. It originally aired on Showtime from 2004 to 2009. Again it was another that only lasted six seasons and again, it was another that I did not watch until catching a cutup edited version on another network. Presently I have the first two seasons on DVD. I finished season one just the other day and have officially begun onto season two. I’ll admit it here and now, I’m hooked. This show has made me laugh, gasp, yell at certain characters and even nearly cry! And that was just my experience with the first season. Already just a few episodes into season two I am cheering on for a certain pairing and still feeling the loss for another. The show has definitely captivated my attention and best believe I shall soon have to be investing in the rest of the seasons!

So tell me, what shows do you like that you could have watched when it was in production, but didn’t get into until after?

--XOXO, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment